Skip to main content
The word on the TB2k street from Dennis himself:
. (10/13/19 10:33 am) SOFTWARE UPGRADE - Status update - **SEE POST 37** Well kids, the hardware updates are in place, the search index successfully rebuilt (finally), and things have stabilized. We now have 1.3 terabytes of SSD space at our disposal. Today, I leased a new domain, “tb2k-legacy.com”. Once we make the changeover to the new software, this version will be accessible through the above URL. Access will be READ ONLY however. I will be reviewing the support software required for the XenForo software, as well as the conversion bids I received back in June. I’ll let the contract to someone, and hook them up with our admin. I don’t have an ETA yet, but I’ll keep you all in the loop.
. ( 10/16/19 12:02) I’ve settled on a person to perform the upgrade, and will draw up a service contract this evening. As soon as the contract is signed, he and my admin will get together to do a test import. I’ll review how well it went, and if necessary run a second test. When we do “go-live”, the board will be shut down for the duration of the change. Afterward, our current domain will be assigned to the new software, and the “legacy” domain to this one. I’ll reopen this version as read-only and we’re off and running. I’m hoping that it will be completed within the next 7-10 days
. (10/16/19) The contract has been signed. The deadline for completion is 10 calendar days. It’s on folks....
So, according to this, the elf is doing his magic, and one of these days we'll wake up in our new digs....should go seemlessly, of course.. if it doesn't, and TEOTWAWKI is underway, sans site to share the news, feel free to drop by here and spill the beans.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog